Uganda Jobs Chief Financial Officer (based In Uganda) Position at Wilmar International Limited
- Job vacancies posted on: 7 months ago
We are hiring for the position of Chief Financial Officer (Based in Uganda) with full time working hours for our company office, Wilmar International Limited, for residents of Uganda and its neighboring areas.
Candidates with expertise in Manufacturing and at least a Not Specified or higher are highly needed. The candidates criteria we are looking for must be trustworthy and disciplined, because our business values a professional and competitive work environment.
Our company provides a competitive salary range of RM 1,600 - RM 3,700, which can be adjusted at the discretion of HRD in our company. This range naturally varies depending on how proficient the candidate credibility can be offered.
We are pleased to announce that our company, Wilmar International Limited, is currently open recruitment for candidates who are interested in joining our office company as a Chief Financial Officer (Based in Uganda).
|Company||Wilmar International Limited|
|Position||Chief Financial Officer (based In Uganda)|
|Career Level||Senior Manager|
|Work Experience||10 years|
|Type of Work||Full-Time|
|Minimum Salary||MYR 1.550|
|Maximum Salary||MYR 3.700|
To take responsibility for the financial stewardship of all operations in Uganda & Rwanda. With the GM & Management Team set objectives for the various business units in line with group strategy. Assist the MD to liaise with Joint Venture partners on strategic issues and decisions.
Strategy development, implementation and alignment
– Assist the GM and function heads to formulate future direction, strategy and supporting tactical initiatives for Uganda & Rwanda (this includes fostering and cultivating internal and external stakeholder relationships)
– Monitor and direct the implementation of strategic business plans and develop finance strategies and objectives aligned to these plans
– Develop financial operating performance measures that support the company’s strategic direction in alignment with group performance reporting requirements
– Ensure accurate and timely preparation of financial reports, forecasts and business performance analysis
– Ensure processes are in place to complete Management Accounts, Group Reporting Package and other Wilmar Group Reporting requirements on a timely and accurate basis; investigate problem areas and develop action plans to address and remediate these
Budget setting, management and forecasting
– Drive and facilitate budgeting process with input from different cost centres
– Ensure timely identification of variances to budget to be able to drive the correct behaviours to achieve financial objectives
– Provide updated rolling six monthly forecast
Governance and Compliance
– Externally, comply and adhere to all regulatory compliance and legislation to protect and reflect the financial position and reputation of Wilmar and Bidco
– Internally, set standards, monitor compliance whilst holding individuals accountable; regularly assess standards for relevance
– Ensure timely compliance of matters related to issue of shares, its transfer, transmission etc. & up to date maintenance of records relating to members, their shareholdings etc. & other statutory records prescribed under the Companies Act.
– Ensure timely & correct filing of various forms, returns etc. with, the office of Registrar of Companies & related compliances.
– Understand and evaluate the companies risk profile and, together with the local GM, Regional CEO, Wilmar Africa CFO and Joint Venture Partners develop and implement action plans and mitigation strategies
– Engage with the Africa CFO to represent the company internally and externally on Finance matters
– Lead by example in building strong internal and external relationships, displaying excellent abilities to initiate strategic dialogue and listen, advise, influence, negotiate and make presentations at all levels
– Liaise with Joint Venture partners on results presentations and to gain approvals for items reserved for their decisions, e.g. investments and strategy items.
– To ensure all people management is executed according to Wilmar practices and principles, in terms of recruitment, training and development, remuneration, performance management and change management.
– Drive and instil Wilmar’s values at all levels
– To ensure constant adherence and compliance to company HSEQ and security standards, local by-laws, standards and legislation to minimise all risk pertaining to company assets and protection of life.
Context and environment
– Highly entrepreneurial organization.
– Travel will be required within Uganda and Rwanda and Internationally. Uganda operations are spread out with the plantation being 7-hour drive from the HQ.
– Required to work with JV (Joint Venture) partners and align their vision and goals to those of Wilmar, specifically in relation to staffing, systems and controls
– Strong requirement to influence across Wilmar and JV partners
– The jobholder is accountable for developing a financial and operational strategy, as well as metrics tied to that strategy, team leadership, budgeting, forecasting, reporting, general ledger production, creditors’ and debtors’ payments, financial MIS, statutory compliance (local and cross-border), internal and external stakeholder engagement, shared responsibility with Regional Treasurer for capital allocation, cash flow, funds management and foreign exchange exposure, and Head of IT to ensure fit for purpose technology to support the business.
Qualifications / experience required
– CA / CPA (essential)
– Master’s degree in Finance or business (preferred)
– 12+ years proven professional and leadership experience in a senior finance function
– Sound financial reporting skills, including solid experience and exposure to IFRS and auditing standards
– Mergers & Acquisitions experience (preferred)
– Comprehensive risk management and compliance skills, including knowledge of relevant legislation (e.g. Companies Act and exchange control legislation)
– Solid knowledge of local and international taxation practices, including deal structuring
– ERP system knowledge (SAP knowledge advantageous)
– Commodity trading, processing and/or manufacturing experience (preferred)
– Experience of working into Africa (preferred)
– Solid knowledge of the MS Office Suite, SAP and/or comparable ERP
– Track record of strong integrity and ethics
– Critical behavioural competencies required: Strategic Leadership, Judgement and Decision-making, Influencing and Negotiation, Business Insight, Financial Acumen, Practical Execution Management, Monitoring.
- Fortune 500 company
- Opportunities for career development
- Overseas Opportunity
Apply for Work
Please note that the information contained may change at any time.
Mostly, applying for a job is free of charge, you have to be careful when applying for a job.
Tips from admin. Use polite language and promote yourself as attractively as possible so that the related HRD/Staff is interested in you.
Good luck getting the job you want.
Job Application Instructions
- Go to the "Apply Now" link above
- If you don't have an account yet, please register first, create a profile/upload a resume according to your personal data
- If you have registered, you can immediately log in
- Promote yourself through the tertara job application form
- Done, please wait.
Wilmar International Limited, founded in 1991 and headquartered in Singapore, is today Asia’s leading agribusiness group. Wilmar is ranked amongst the largest listed companies by market capitalisation on the Singapore Exchange.
Wilmar’s business activities include oil palm cultivation, oilseed crushing, edible oils refining, sugar milling and refining, manufacturing of consumer products, specialty fats, oleochemicals, biodiesel and fertilisers as well as flour and rice milling. At the core of Wilmar’s strategy is an integrated agribusiness model that encompasses the entire value chain of the agricultural commodity business, from cultivation, processing, merchandising to manufacturing of a wide range of agricultural products. It has over 500 manufacturing plants and an extensive distribution network covering China, India, Indonesia and some 50 other countries. The Group has a multinational workforce of about 90,00 people.
Wilmar’s portfolio of high quality processed agricultural products is the preferred choice of consumers and the food manufacturing industry. Its consumer-packed products have a leading share in many Asian and African countries. Through scale, integration and the logistical advantages of its business model, Wilmar is able to extract margins at every step of the value chain, thereby reaping operational synergies and cost efficiencies. Wilmar is a firm advocate of sustainable growth and is committed to its role as a responsible corporate citizen.
- Industry: Agricultural / Plantation / Poultry / Fisheries
- Registration No.: 199904785Z
- Company Size: 501 - 1000 Employees
- Average Processing Time: 26 days
- Benefits & Others: Regular hours, Mondays - Fridays, Business (e.g. Shirts), To be discussed