Kuala Lumpur Jobs Senior Executive – Legal Position at Genting Berhad
- Job vacancies posted on: 7 months ago
Are you looking for job vacancies? Our company, Genting Berhad is merrily inform you that we are hiring!
We need you to fill the position as Senior Executive - Legal for our office.
This position requires a full time working hours system which domiciled in Kuala Lumpur and its surroundings.
As a competitive company, we need these minimum criteria for candidates to be fulfilled. If you are a Bachelor's Degree, Post Graduate Diploma & Professional Degree and experienced in the field of Services & Lawyer/Legal Asst, a person who honesty and discipline, then you are highly awaited in our company.
The starting salary we can offer is in a range from RM 1,600 - RM 3,700, this salary range that we offer is negotiable can change at any time according to our HRD's decision depending on the capability of the candidate can offered for our company.
|Position||Senior Executive - Legal|
|Career Level||Senior Executive|
|Work Experience||3 years|
|Qualification||Bachelor's Degree, Post Graduate Diploma, Professional Degree|
|Type of Work||Full-Time|
|Specialization Required||Lawyer/Legal Asst, Services|
|Minimum Salary||MYR 1.550|
|Maximum Salary||MYR 3.700|
I. PDPA COMPLIANCE
Play a prominent role with regards to PDPA awareness, training, compliance, monitoring and enforcement alongside the Data Protection Officer by:
- managing the group’s data privacy program including designing privacy policies, notices, operational procedures, training slides, assessing risks and driving PDP initiatives.
- reviewing and interpreting privacy related clauses in transactions involving personal data to ensure sufficient obligations are imposed on the data controller and processors.
- assisting to roll out training programs to educate employees about their data privacy compliance responsibilities.
- track and monitor local and global developments relating to personal data such that you are able to anticipate the impact of these new updates to the business, advise the business on the steps required to be taken to ensure continued compliance, and make changes to the training program to ensure that the content stays current and relevant;
- responding to data subject access requests and correction requests on behalf of the company, attending to data breach notifications and co-ordinate their resolution, within the time frames imposed by law;
- assisting internal audit in their periodic privacy data audits to evaluate the extent of lapses (if any) in data privacy compliance obligations. Assess the results of the data audit, collaborate with other department to co-ordinate replies, recommend and implement action plans to remedy the lapses identified by internal audit; and
- providing privacy support within the Company.
II. CORPORATE AND COMMERCIAL
- Prepare, review, negotiate and/or manage various agreements relating to the relevant group on a daily basis, and such agreements may cover the group’s biotech, life-sciences, venture capital, rewards alliance, software licensing and manufacturing division;
- Specific to the group’s investments, conduct due diligence to identify non-standard clauses in transaction documents which could adversely affect us, track and monitor and changes to our investment rights, such as changes to governance terms, waiver of investor rights, investor voting and consent matters. Must be able to work with other legal teams such as strategic investments, corporate finance and corporate secretarial to close the deal within timeline.
- Supporting the continuous improvement of standard form/template agreements (e.g. NDA, license agreement, vendor questionnaire, etc.) and legal processes;
- Overseeing advice and deliverables by external counsels relating to business of the company to ensure protection of the company’s interests;
- Addressing/responding to all legal requests/issues from business units promptly
- Performing any other duties & responsibilities as and when assigned including but not limited to matters relating to employment, anti-bribery, and corruption
- Degree in Law
- Minimum of 3 years Post Qualifying Experience
- Good knowledge and understanding of corporate and commercial law
- Be called to the Bar
- Possess PDPA knowledge
- Possess strong communication and analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication in both English and Bahasa Malaysia.
- Able to work independently and under tight deadlines
- Practical and solution driven; balancing legal issues against commercial requirements in the performance of assigned duties and tasks
- Lawyers who have experience in Compliance and Risk Management are welcome to apply.
- Get work experience
- Bonus for overtime
- Be taught first
- Good work environment
Apply for Work
Please note that the information contained may change at any time.
Mostly, applying for a job is free of charge, you have to be careful when applying for a job.
Tips from admin. Use polite language and promote yourself as attractively as possible so that the related HRD/Staff is interested in you.
Good luck getting the job you want.
Job Application Instructions
- Go to the "Apply Now" link above
- If you don't have an account yet, please register first, create a profile/upload a resume according to your personal data
- If you have registered, you can immediately log in
- Promote yourself through the tertara job application form
- Done, please wait.
Genting Berhad is the holding company of the Genting Group, one of Asia’s leading and best-managedmultinationals. The Genting Group is led by Tan Sri Lim Kok Thay, a visionary entrepreneur who hasestablished Resorts World branded properties in Malaysia, Singapore, the Philippines, the UnitedStates, the Bahamas, the United Kingdom and soon in South Korea, as well as spearheading globalinvestments in oil palm plantations, power generation, oil and gas, property development, cruise,biotechnology and other industries.
The Genting Group and its affiliates comprise five public companies listed on the stock exchanges ofMalaysia, Singapore and Hong Kong - namely Genting Berhad, Genting Malaysia Berhad, GentingPlantations Berhad, Genting Singapore PLC and Genting Hong Kong Limited. The five listed companies have a combined market capitalisation of about RM110 billion (USD31 billion).
Genting has more than 50 years of experience in the travel and leisure industry and collectively employs approximately 60,00 people while offering an unparalleled resort experience to over 50 million visitors annually worldwide.
- Industry: Others
- Registration No.: 7916-A
- Company Size: 51 - 200 Employees
- Average Processing Time: 18 days
- Benefits & Others: Dental, Medical, Sports (e.g. Gym), Regular hours, Mondays - Fridays, Business (e.g. Shirts)
- Specific Location: Wisma Genting